I'm sure you have some of these "Mother Quotes" in your growing up memories. These are some that I found from a newspaper article. I modified a few of them for my particular memories although these are most likely the ones you mother used to teach you about life as well, Please use the comment section below and add the one or more that stood out in your growing up life. Here are some of mine.
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. “If you’re gonna kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION. “You better pray that will come out of the carpet.”
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don’t straighten up, I’m gonna knock you into the middle of next week.”
4. My mother taught me LOGIC. “Because I said so, that’s why.”
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. “If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you’re not going to the store with me.”
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. “Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
7. My mother taught me IRONY. “Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to really cry about.”
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. “Shut your mouth and eat your supper.”
9. My mother taught me about CONTORIONISM. “Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA. “You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone.”
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER. “This room of yours looks like a tornado went through it.”
12. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. “Just you wait till we get home.”
13. My mother taught me about RECEIVING. “You’re going to get it when your father gets home.”
14. My mother taught me about MEDICAL SCIENCE. “If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they are going to stick that way.”
15. My mother taught me ESP. “Put your sweater on; don’t you think I know when you’re cold?”
16. My mother taught me about HUMOR. “When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”
17. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. “If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”
18. My mother taught me about GENETICS. “You are just like your father.”
19. My mother taught me WISDOM. “When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
20. My mother taught me about ROOTS. “Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
21. My mother taught me about JUSTICE. “One day I hope you have 10 kids and they turn out just like you.”