Friday, December 4, 2009

Frost on the Pumpkin

December 1st - There was a beautiful cover of frost this morning as I peered outside the house. It almost looked like snow but not quite. There was a crispness in the air and as I stood there in my flip-flops and breathed in large lungs-full of new December air.Yes you heard correctly. Frost on the pumpkins. There was also frost on the roof, on the trees and on the grass. It was invigorating to stand there and soak up all the fresh air of our Tennessee home and know that at that moment there wasn't a worry in the world that could change the beauty of this moment.

The trees at the entrance of the road were such a beautiful orange and burnt orange color! It almost looked like they were on fire from a distance. Birds were singing and the faint sounds of children's voices were laughing in my ears. Morning is the best time of the day! I love getting up and seeing the world fresh and new. God's mercies are new every morning and certainly a salvation for me to think upon as I meat the day. I have the privilege of living in a place where heaven touches the earth and God's life is all around me.

 
And then I have the privilage of  seeing God's hand at work as I go through the day and watch the marvels of his life move throughout the members of our  household. It was a different day today and a great day at that. Everyone was singing, laughing, helping one another, looking at one another full on and absorbing the presence of one another as if there was no end to the depth of that drink. It was glorious and delightful to see. Certainly a morning that is  truley delightful to be in the presence of one another as a gift from our God to one another.

I am so blessed. There are hardly words that can express the greatness of our blessings from God. Hardly words that I am aware of to show thankfulness to God for his life within me. Just a presence of love and peace that resides within me and a looking into his face of admiration and contentment for all he has created and given to me.

Thank you my Father, for who you are and what you do!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment