Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years Resolution

This year I am resolving to doing everything right. By that I mean the following:

1. I am going to slow down and think about the things I am doing.

2. I am going to take life one moment at a time. Some things more time than others. I want to enjoy those moments that are enjoyable and proceed cautiously with those that need more attention.

3. When something goes wrong I am not going to freak out about it. If it's a mistake I'm going to admit it was a mistake and find a way to correct it. If it's something I want but can't have I am going to accept God's providence and be thankful for His way, not mine.

4. I am going to spend more time with my children. I want to find more ways of being a positive influence for my children without killing them in the process. Emotionally, that is.

5. I am going to learn how to love being with people and not find ways to avoid confrontations. I want to work through those really hard times when people don't see eye-to-eye and find God in between us.

6. I am going to learn how to appreciate cats, dogs and other animals that I don't really have much interest in.

7. I am going to find a way to help my brothers and sisters in Africa. My preference is to be there in person, but if God chooses to do something else I am going to refer number three.

8. I am going to pray more, read more, spend more time with God and learn how to teach others to do the same.

9. I am going to help people with their businesses and make the ones I have a vested interest in profitable.

10. I am going to be thankful for everything I have, let God and others know I am thankful by saying cheerful things to them and looking for the good in everything and everyone around me. (Thank you Polly Anna)

There may be others I think of but for the most part, I will work on these first. I'll let you know how things go. Maybe you can provide some suggestions. Maybe you can make you own list of resolutions. Nows as good a time as any.


No comments:

Post a Comment