Monday, September 12, 2011

Week Seven in Nakuru


The last week in this beautiful country has been a different experience than all the rest of the time I have been here. Mostly because I have been fighting a series of unfortunate events. Those events should not shadow the rest of what we have been up to but they definitely cast a shadow on my last week here.

The pastors conference was on Thursday and it was a great turn out as well as a great time of seeing and hearing pastors from around Nakuru, soak up God's words as Noah shared his heart about what and how God wants us to minister the Word of God. Their eyes were opened to many new thoughts about who God is and how to care for those He has entrusted to them. At the end of the day, every person there had a chance to share their heart about what they had learned that day and the previous Wednesdays we had met. Every one of them was excited to begin a fresh walk with God. They have committed to working together for accountability and encouragement for one another. What an awesome experience it has been for us as well!

Last weekend before last I was able to share what God put in my heart for my our friends and family here. Noah was visiting another church of one of the pastors we had been meeting with on Wednesdays. (Pastor Ben) It was  the day before that I fell victim to the dreaded cold which lasted most of this past week. With a medicated body and heart full of love for our Nakuru family, I shared my heart. I heard it was good but I just know that I felt hindered by the cold and cough I was trying to deal with at the time. Noah had several standing ovations and I think they would have kept him there had they the opportunity to do so.

This week was a week spent mostly in bed and recuperation for me. I did manage to make it through the important days with medication. The most painful part of all that was the stomach bug I caught. Very painful cramping and then driving for several days. The driving has stopped but it left me with very painful hemroids, which I am in serious contemplation over seeing we will be sitting for HOURS during our trip back. Pray for me that this trip will be memorable and eventful in a good way. Thank you Shammah for being an example of faith through times of difficulties similar in region. No pictures are available for this paragraph.

I feel like I have not been able to complete some of the things I would have liked to finish this past week. Mostly in reference to assisting George and Nellie with financial scheduling and starting his website. I know that we can do that on-line though so I am not overwrought with concern. Also the computer students only got minimal time and I so wanted to finish our coursework with them. They are very special to me in more than just a "nerdy" way. They are so excited to learn something new. There is a freshness there that you don't often see.

So once again, "Our bags are packed. We're ready to go."

We leave in a couple hours for Nairobi and will spend the day doing some shopping for gifts and saying our goodbyes to George. Our plane leaves at 2:50AM in the morning and we get to hopefully sleep for 6 hours before arriving in Istanbul, Turkey. Then we have a 12 hour flight to the US (Chicago) after a 2 hour layover in Istanbul. We have our seats close together coming on both those flights so hopefully we can talk and reminisce about our time here and all the great things that are to happen at Ingathering.

This has been a great trip for me. One that I am hoping to do again soon.

We will be seeing you all real soon now. Can't wait to see my boys and friends back home.


1 comment:

  1. Heavens to Betsy, I am praying for you! Really!

    Actually, in the hospital having to sit didn't bother me as long as there was something soft to sit on. It was continued "driving" that was difficult.

    I have solid advice, too, for preventing them in advance when you know there's a danger.

    Looking forward to seeing you and all the others!

    ReplyDelete